Tuesday, January 27, 2004

I got a fun call yesterday. Utah Legal Services wanted to know if I would make a knitted item for the silent auction they're sponsoring during the Utah Bar's Mid-Year Meeting. The proceeds go to their "and Justice for all" campaign. I think someone at Utah Legal Aid told them about the Barbie clothes I knit for the Legal Aid fundraiser in October. They sold for $150.00; not too bad. Can't decide what I'll make this time, though. Probably a scarf or some small felted bags. I think people will be more likely to bid on something like that.

Two positive things today! First, I finished the first Broadripple sock this morning while I drank my coffee. I really like the way it turned out. The pattern broke up the striping nicely. I'll post a picture tomorrow. Second, and more important, the sun is actually visible in the sky today! Yippee. For the last few weeks, we've had the worst smog I can remember. I love the way the die-hard locals around here insist on calling it "fog." Honestly, it was like living on the far side of the moon. Even worse, it was impossible to escape the gunk by driving to Park City 'cause the town was overrun by Hollywood types in for the Sundance Film Festival. In any event, I'm going to soak up the sun today, even if it is only 20 degrees out.


Who's linking here?
|

Running commentary on my unending quest to knit up my stash.