Wednesday, January 28, 2004

I wasn't able to work on my second Broadripple sock last night 'cause I was finishing up a hat for my hair stylist. Here's a pic of the first sock in progress, though.

For the hat, I decided on a cross between the London Beanie and Allison's NY Street Cap. I used Paton's Wool Classic and size 4.5mm needles (U.S. size 7) and cast on 90 stitches. Then I worked 10 rows of k1 p1 ribbing, changed to st. st. and knit even 'til the hat was about 5" long (about 31 rounds). I placed 6 evenly spaced markers and worked a centered double decrease every third round two times, then every second round until 6 stitches were left. I really like the way it looks; the top is not too pointy and the cap is nice and tight.


Who's linking here?
|

Running commentary on my unending quest to knit up my stash.