Thursday, January 29, 2004

While I was driving to work this morning, I heard Bob Edwards interview an amazing singer on NPR Morning Edition . Her name is Mindy Smith and her voice is just spectacular.

On the knitting front, I started a scarf for the Utah Legal Services silent auction. I'm using one strand of red Dazzle and one strand of a thin wool boucle I had in my stash. I'm knitting it on the bias on 7mm needles. I just love making these bias scarves. Because of the increases and decreases, they require a minimum amount of attention but they're more interesting to knit than plain vanilla garter stitch scarves. Although it's still too early to tell, I fear the gauge on this red one is a bit too tight. It's working up quickly, though, so I think I'll just keep going and decide later whether it needs to be redone on an 8mm needle. My plan is to make one red scarf to attract bidders who attended the University of Utah College of Law and one blue scarf to attract BYU alums. I guess I'll just have to hold my nose while I work on the BYU scarf and keep reminding myself that it's for a good cause.


Who's linking here?
|

Running commentary on my unending quest to knit up my stash.