Wednesday, February 18, 2004

Ask And You Shall Receive


My DH finally asked for a knitted item! He wore a hole in the finger of his favorite Patagonia fleece gloves and asked if I could knit him a replacement pair. Forget that I've never made gloves before, who am I to say no to a request for a knitted accessory! I'm working fieverishly to finish the first before I leave for California tomorrow.

Don't you like my little point protectors? My friend Kadri in Germany sent them to me for Christmas. Thanks again, Kadri!

I looked up the word "glove" in the OED and discovered that the first documented use of the word was in Beowulf (!) and Shakespeare was the first to use it as a verb in 1597. See all the wonderful, useful things you can learn reading my blog.



Who's linking here?
|

Running commentary on my unending quest to knit up my stash.