Thursday, February 12, 2004

CIC

I just read that CIC is having a February sock challenge. So I set my second Wildfoote sock aside and picked up some worsted weight wool and #4 needles. I made the pair in about three and a half hours.
I cast on 36 stitches, worked a k2p2 ribbing for 30 rounds, then worked 2 plain rounds. The heel is a Sherman heel worked over 18 stitches. I knit 28 rounds in the foot and then made a regular old wedge toe. Gosh, I wish my kids' feet were this small. The yarn is from a thrift store sweater I frogged a few months ago. I used some of the wool to make a felted lunch bag for my DD and had just enough left over for the socks. It was a little rough to work with so after the socks were finished I gave them a nice bath in some Eucalan. Gosh, I love that stuff. Now they're beautiful and soft!


Who's linking here?
|

Running commentary on my unending quest to knit up my stash.