Sunday, February 15, 2004

FO x3!


I finished three things since my last post: the second pair of CIC socks, a scarf for DD, and a pair of slippers for DD.








Yes, I know I should work on the Wildfoote socks, but I did that, too, while I watched Monk last night. DD went skiing at Alta with DH today so I thought I'd surprise her with a new pair of slippers to put on when she gets home. The pattern is from the book Socks, Socks, Socks and is for a woman's small size, but they turned out much smaller than that. I used Plymouth Encore (75% acrylic and 25% wool), a yarn I've never used before. Not bad for acrylic and they're easily washed.
The scarf is made from a yarn called Goa. It's a very unusual ribbon-type yarn that's a blend of rayon and nylon. You can't tell from the picture, but it's shimmery and changes color in the sunlight. DD chose it herself and it was calling to me yesterday afternoon so I knit it up on some #13 Crystal Palace bamboo needles. I bought the yarn yesterday at the Needlepoint Joint in Ogden. I love that store; it's well worth the 1 hour drive each way.


Who's linking here?
|

Running commentary on my unending quest to knit up my stash.