Tuesday, February 24, 2004

Gloves

I finished DH's first glove last night.


Not bad for my first pair. I used the generic pattern from Ann Budd's book, The Knitter's Handy Book of Patterns. I recall reading a review of this book on Amazon that criticized it because the patterns weren't clever enough and all it really did was make calculations which you could easily do yourself with a pencil and paper. Well, I was an engineering major my freshman year in college so I'm not a complete math dork and could do the calculations myself, too, but I still like the book a lot. First, it doesn't purport to contain clever patterns with intricate stitches and shaping. It's exactly what it's marketed to be: a book that contains basic instructions on how to knit basic garments in lots and lots of sizes and gauges of yarn. I've used it quite a bit for charity garments, when I can't measure the recipient. My only complaint is that the sizing seems much too generous.


Who's linking here?
|

Running commentary on my unending quest to knit up my stash.