Wednesday, February 11, 2004

One Down, One to Go


I finished the first Wildfoote sock. Here it is:


I used Dawn Brocco's afterthought heel which is a variation of a star/round toe. It actually fits very nice and I would use it again. The next time I knit an afterthought heel, though, I think I will use Elizabeth Zimmerman's method. She doesn't knit a strand of waste yarn across the back of the sock, but simply cuts the yarn at the spot where the heel should be placed. This would eliminate the need to knit the heel before the foot of the sock is completed to ensure that the foot is the correct length. On the other hand, I guess I now know how long I have to knit the foot if I use Dawn's heel again. Hmmm . . . I'll have to think about this some more. There is some appeal to both methods.
Here's a close up picture of the eyelet rib stitch pattern:
The directions are here on my blog . . . yes, over there on the sidebar under "Stitch Patterns for Socks." See it?


Who's linking here?
|

Running commentary on my unending quest to knit up my stash.