Friday, February 06, 2004

Package!


The knitting books I ordered from barnesandnoble.com arrived yesterday. Although I typically buy my knitting books from my LYS or order them at the local independent book seller, I got a B&N gift card as a holiday present and couldn't resist the discounted price and free shipping. So, what did I get?? Knitter's Companion by Vicki Square and Folk Socks by Nancy Bush. I've had my eye on the Folk Socks book since I borrowed it from the library a few months ago. Although most of the socks are knit with heavier yarn than I usually use, I like the section describing various types of heels and toes. My first sock was knit from the simple pattern in the book. But, it was given to me as a handout at my LYS, which Nancy owned until just a few years ago.

I didn't work on my Wildfoote socks last night 'cause the medicine I'm taking is making me feel a little dizzy so it was too hard to concentrate. Instead, I finished up the BYU scarf which was pretty mindless. Thanks to everyone who gave me some advice on the Wildfoote yarn. The consensus seems to be that it's not pleasant to knit with, but it blooms nicely after washing and the socks wear like iron. Well, that's encouraging!



Who's linking here?
|

Running commentary on my unending quest to knit up my stash.