Tuesday, February 17, 2004

Wildfoote Finis!

Yup, you read the heading right; my Wildfoote socks are finished. In fact, I'm wearing them right now!!
I've decided the afterthought heel is not worth the bother, unless I'm short of yarn so I have no choice but to do a contrasting heel anyway. I really don't have a problem with the heels of my socks wearing out, so the re-heeling benefit is not a big deal to me. Here's the pic:


I gave them a bath in some Eucalan after I wove in all the ends (8 on each sock!). They're much softer now, but I should warn you that the black really bled a lot. I didn't let them soak for very long 'cause I didn't want the color to transfer to the leg and foot.
This was the last project I told myself I had to finished before I left for Stitches West. Is anyone else going? Are you as psyched as I am? This will be my first Stitches event. I'll be wearing my Wildfoote socks so look for me!


Who's linking here?
|

Running commentary on my unending quest to knit up my stash.