Thursday, March 04, 2004

New England


I've become obsessed with finishing my first New England sock. But, that's my MO--I start out with a bang and then have to force myself to finish. I really need to work on some UFOs or perhaps I should stop making so many things that must be knit in pairs. Anyway, I've come this far:


I tried them on last night and I have to confess that I hate the look of the band heel. What was I thinking? I was happy with the way I picked up the gusset stitches, though. I picked up only the front of the stitch and then knit it through the back loop. It makes a nice, decorative twist along the side of the heel flap. Try it!
Office Dilemma
Here’s my current office dilemma for which I am seeking your sage advice. The person who cleaned our office every morning was recently fired. She was extremely pleasant but, unfortunately, marginally competent. Oh, and there was that little problem about her failing to actually report to work on a consistent basis. Anyway, her replacement is driving me crazy! Not more than a week after she first arrived, she began coming into my office to dump the trash and literally standing above me waiting, I guess, for me to engage in a lengthy conversation with her. Not my thing. I assume my nonresponsiveness eventually made the point and, mercifully, she stopped. Next, in a new attempt to make small talk, she began poking through my trash as I sat at my desk and questioning me about the contents and whether I really meant to throw them away. “Oh, Susan, did you really mean to throw away this chewed gum and this broken rubber band?” Honestly, I think she could have told you how many Kleenex I used in a day. UGH! So, being the passive-aggressive person I am, I devised a scheme. I ceased putting trash in my waste basket (or “barrel” as only a true Bostonian would say), and began placing it in the communal waste basket in the kitchen area. No trash to poke through so problem solved, n’est pas? Mais non! Now, she comes into my office with the trash from my co-worker’s waste basket and quizzes me as to whether he meant to throw things away. OK, I need to put an end to this. Are there any passive-agressive readers out there who have any suggestions?? Help!


Who's linking here?
|

Running commentary on my unending quest to knit up my stash.