Monday, March 08, 2004

OED Word of the Day

I had an exciting day of reading today. The Supreme Court issued a decision in a really interesting Confrontation Clause case. But, you don't care about that, do you? Well, in that case, did anyone check out the OED word of the day? Click on the link on my sidebar. The word today is "run." The entry is long, but totally fascinating. Especially definition #81e for "run up." The OED says, "To shorten, shrink, or contract after wetting" and claims the word was first used this way in 1855. Sounds like felting or fulling to me! Speaking of which, I'm still knitting the sides of my French Market bag. I think I'll make them 10-12 inches and will also probably lengthen the handles a bit.


Who's linking here?
|

Running commentary on my unending quest to knit up my stash.