Friday, March 26, 2004

Rain and a New Project

Ah, it's raining today. We've had a serious drought here for the last few years so I'm not complaining. In fact, I don't mind rain at all. I mean, I lived in Syracuse, NY for three years, right? So how can I be bothered by rain. My sister lived in Tuscon for a couple of years and left, in part, because it never rained. She used to say that when her alarm went off in the morning, she would lie in bed for a few seconds with her eyes closed and pray that it would be cloudy or rainy out--no dice. The eternal sunshine actually drove her a bit crazy. The only down side about today's storm is that you can smell the Great Salt Lake even up at my house. Yuck!

I've been working on a pair of socks the last few days. I'm using Confetti sock yarn and #0 (2 mm) Addi Turbo circular needles.


I'm just knitting round and round, no stitch pattern. Thought I deserved a mindless pair of socks for a change. Of course, though, the patterning has to match perfectly or I won't be able to wear them. After 25 rows of ribbing and 38 rows of st. st. on the leg, I think they're pretty damn close to identical, don't you.


I should probably also confess that I've started a new French Market Bag. I was in a LYS on Wednesday and they had 50g balls of Jo Sharp discounted to $2.00. How could I pass that up! So I scooped up a couple in a gold color and paired it with some purple Cascade 220 in my stash. I don't have a picture yet, but the bag is stunning (if I do say so myself). The Jo Sharp is just fabulous to work with. I'm going back today to see if there's any left. Margene and Laurie, don't you dare beat me there!

Someone sent this picture to me the other day. It relates to something we were discussing and Stitch n Bitch last Tuesday. Margene got a kick out of it so you may too.

The caption under it said "Wyoming Hooker." Or, as a rural Utah legislator once allegedly said during a debate on a proposed bestiality law, "You just don't understand our culture."



Who's linking here?
|

Running commentary on my unending quest to knit up my stash.