Monday, March 29, 2004

Voilá


Drum roll . . . . here it is:


There's another picture that didn't come out as well here.
There are a couple of other views, too. This one shows how it looked right after I removed it from the box that I was using to block it.


And this one is how it looks when it's being held. See how the front doesn't pucker. Success!!



In keeping with the Français theme, I think I'll call it "French Market Bag Révisé."

Here' s how I did the handles so they're centered over the front and back.


  1. I followed the pattern exactly until the sides were approximately 10 inches tall.

  2. On the next row, knit 50 and place marker; *k2 k2tog* 12 times; k2 and place marker; knit 50 and place marker; *k2 k2tog* 12 times; k2 and place marker.

  3. You should now have 50 stitches then a marker, 38 stitches then a marker, 50 stitches then a marker, and 38 stitches then a marker.

  4. The straps will be worked over the sides with 50 stitches and the sides with 38 stitches become the bound-off sides of the bag.

  5. Knit 1 round.

  6. The next round is the bind off round.

  7. Knit 23; bind off 4; knit 23 and remove marker; bind off 38 and remove marker; knit 23; bind off 4; knit 23 and remove marker; bind off 38 and remove marker.

  8. Work the straps over the 23 stitches exactly the same as the pattern instructs. OR work 6 rows between decreases like I did to make slightly longer handles.


That's it. Remember, though, this alteration will only work if you knit the base of the bag using the circular instructions.

I also took a close-up of the Jo Sharp after it's felted.

See the wonderful little swirls in the fabric. Love it. But, it's a little out of my price range for felted items--$12-$13 for 100g--ouch.


Who's linking here?
|

Running commentary on my unending quest to knit up my stash.