Wednesday, April 28, 2004

The Holy Grail

I thought my week couldn't get any better when I found the Alice Starmore book at the library book sale on Saturday. Au Contraire! Check out the little beauty I happened upon at the specialty grocery near my house.

Yes, the holy grail of the candy world; a genuine Kinder Surprise Egg. My kids and I were speechless. It was my understanding that it's illegal to import these into the United States. Consequently, I won't disclose the name of the market in which I found it, both for that reason and because I don't want you all buying up the rest of them! OK, the price was a bit steep ($3.50 each!), but just watching my kids savor every bite was worth 10x that.

I've been working on a sock for my MIL for Mother's Day. It's an ankle sock and I'm hoping to squeeze both socks out of one skein of Fortissima cotton sock yarn. She's got a small foot, but it's still going to be close.

Here's the question. If they end up being too small, do I give them to her anyway knowing that she won't be able to wear them but still feeling as though I've fulfilled my gift-giving obligation? I mean, what are the odds that she'll ever tell me they don't fit?



Who's linking here?
|

Running commentary on my unending quest to knit up my stash.