Thursday, April 22, 2004

It's Done


Here's the Mexicale Ole sweater--finished at last.

I usually don't have such a vitriolic reaction to knitting projects, but I really despised making this sweater. It's the first thing in a long time that I got no pleasure out of knitting. If you're thinking of making it, I can offer some advice about the collar. Pick up the collar stitches with the wrong side facing you, not the right side as you're instructed in the pattern. If you follow the collar instructions as written, the collar will be truly enormous. I slipped only the first 10 stitches (instead of the 23 called for in the pattern) and then worked the short rows. This made the collar 26 rows smaller but, as you can see in the picture, it's still pretty big. Also, I whip stitched the collar to the body of the sweater to make it stay down neatly.

Can anyone who has made this sweater offer any other tips??

Check out the amazing sweater that this knitter in France just finished. Oh, I wish I had the time to tackle something like this.


Who's linking here?
|

Running commentary on my unending quest to knit up my stash.