Wednesday, April 07, 2004

Sidetracked

I wasn't able to work on my Broadripple socks yesterday 'cause I made a Reverse Bloom Washcloth for my neighbor who's in the hospital.

The patten is from Weekend Knitting but I used the one that was printed in Interweave Knits. This was my first time working with chenille. Can't say that I liked it, although the finished washcloth is very soft and beautiful. It was just really difficult to keep the stitches uniform. Of course, this is just a washcloth but I think a sweater in chenille would be an extremely trying project for me.

Went to SnB last night at Jitterbug Coffee Shop. Margene, Laurie, and Steph all brought their Everyday Cardigans. Oh, the Peace Fleece yarn is so lovely. Each color has beautiful, subtle, multicolored flecks. Unfortunately, Laurie took a trip to the frog pond after our little group meeting where she discovered that she was getting 3.5 stitches to the inch instead of the 4 called for in the pattern. Man, that sweater was going to be big. I feel slightly responsible for her pain since I was the most vocal of those calling for her to suck up and rip it out. But, she'll thank me when it's finished and it fits--really you will, Laurie.

The Broadripple Knitalong continues to grow exponentially. I think there are something like 210 members now. There are pictures of quite a few socks and it always amazes me how socks done in the same pattern but with different yarns can look so different.



Who's linking here?
|

Running commentary on my unending quest to knit up my stash.