Friday, April 02, 2004

Socks, New Knit Along, and (speaking in hushed tones) Crocheting!

It looks like Donna and I will be co-hosting a Broadripple Knit Along. We're planning it out now and I'll post details once they're worked out. So check back next week. I'm actually thinking of offering some kind of raffle-type prize to motivate everyone to finish. What do ya think?

I made some progress on my mindless, self-patterning socks. I'm using a combination heel: a very short Eye of the Partridge heel flap, combined with a no-wrap short-row heel that's detailed in this pattern.

See:


I've done this heel before and really like the way it fits.


Look at the drawstring treasure bag I made last night:


And, yes, it is crocheted! It's made from that recycled silk yarn that's spun from sari leftovers. The colors are beautiful but the yarn was a bitch to work with. I actually started a knitted bag with it a few months ago and just couldn't bring myself to work on it 'cause I disliked working with the yarn so much. This only took a couple of hours to finish. I forgot how much faster it is to crochet.


Did you see Beth's French Market Bag? Oh, the colors are so beautiful; she used Kureyon for the bottom.

Last, but not least, check out the spring edition of knitty.com!!



Who's linking here?
|

Running commentary on my unending quest to knit up my stash.