Thursday, April 15, 2004

This and That


See, I really did finish my Broadripple socks.


I've just been too busy to take a finished pictures. Actually, there's a prize for "best" final picture so I'm not disclosing that picture 'til the end of the knitalong. There are 267 members in the knitalong now which is contributing to my lack of time for knitting and picture taking.

I went to my first guild meeting last night. Thanks, Margene, for letting me tag along. It was fabulous. Our resident famous knitter, Nancy Bush, gave a slide presentation on her trips to Estonia. It was really interesting and informative. She had a huge table littered with Estonian knitted items, including the most amazing lacy shawls. She also brought some handknit socks, mittens, and gloves for sale - straight from Estonia. Oh, I coveted so many of them but was unable to find a single item that fit my hand; one of the neverending sorrows of being a "petite" person.



Who's linking here?
|

Running commentary on my unending quest to knit up my stash.