Wednesday, May 19, 2004

Flowers

The flowers in my garden are doing great this year. Except, of course, for my lilies of the valley. I had huge patches of these flowers in my garden when I lived in Massachusetts but I'm having no luck growing them in Utah. At least the leaves came back up this year even though they don't have any flowers. Maybe I'll try moving them to a different spot, or perhaps that would be even greater folly. My Peonies and Sweet William look wonderful, though. Must be all the rain we had this spring.

Stitch 'n Bitch

There is a wonderful Stitch 'n Bitch group here in Salt Lake City that meets every Tuesday evening in a coffee shop. Yes, there are coffee shops in Utah. In fact, Margene, if you're reading this I have found the best coffee at a little free-standing, drive-up place on 3300 South. I'm addicted. Anyway, our local group was started by Laurie and it even includes a token male member. I believe it was Laurie who met him at the SLC library where he works and taught him to knit. He was working on a Marsupial Bag last night. Very nice. Another member and new knitter, Julie, was showing off the felted clogs she made in Laurie's Clog-Along.


Aren't they wonderful! I think it's great that so many younger people are knitting!


Who's linking here?
|

Running commentary on my unending quest to knit up my stash.