Friday, May 14, 2004

New Socks

I finished a UFO on Wednesday night at the guild meeting.

The pattern is called Aran Braid Socks. I used Silja sock yarn and size 2.5 mm needles. I had 3 balls of yarn, just to be safe, but I managed to squeeze the pair out of just 2 balls. This project was my only real UFO; I don't consider something a UFO unless it's been sitting around for more than 6 months. I started these last fall and put them aside when I realized I'd made a mistake on the cable of the first sock. It was a minor mistake but it couldn't be fixed unless I ripped out almost the entire sock. Taking my cue from Michelangelo, who allegedly purposefully included a small mistake in each of his pieces, I decided to leave the sock as it was. Can you see it??



Yes, minor I know, but it prevented me from working up the courage to finish the second sock. I pulled the bag out when I was moving things around for my kitchen remodel (see picture below). Then, discovered that the SocknittersSAM group was knitting this sock this month. The rest is history.

Remodel


Yes, my posts have been lame lately, but my kitchen is the recipient of all my extra time. What do you think??




Best I could do in my tiny house, tiny kitchen.



Who's linking here?
|

Running commentary on my unending quest to knit up my stash.