Friday, June 18, 2004

Here's the Faroese shawl I mentioned earlier this week.

It's for my mother, who's only 4'11" tall, so I altered the size by knitting it on size 6 needles instead of the size 8 needles called for in the pattern. It's my first "real" lace project! What do you think? Not bad.

After DH saw it all pinned out, he said, "Oh, now I understand why you couldn't talk while you worked out that project." Ah, better late than never.

The pattern was written by the lovely and extremely talented Meg Swansen and is from a Knitter's Magazine that was published in the 1980s. It was re-published in the book, The Best of Knitter's: Shawls and Scarves. I know that because the instructions in the magazine of how to work the last few rows were extremely confusing. So, I checked the book out of the library and discovered that the directions are different (and clearer) in the book. I'm still not completely happy with the last few rows, but the blocking made it look much better.

I've also been working on my Cloverleaf sock for the knitalong. But, I've been stuck here:


for a week now. Just too many other projects and diversions.


Who's linking here?
|

Running commentary on my unending quest to knit up my stash.