Monday, June 21, 2004

Why Am I The Last To Know

I just cruised over to the Threadbear site and see that Rob and Matt are no longer carrying any yarns distributed by Knitting Fever. One of our local LYSs has also stopped carrying Noro, Araucania, and Debbie Bliss yarns and the owner was cryptic about the reason. She'd only say, "It's too hard to get."
What gives? Is there some obvious answer to this question which is known to every knitter except me???

Poncho Anyone?

When I went to Stitches West in February, it seemed as though every other person had on a poncho. At the time, I wasn't sure what to make of it. Were we just completely isolated in Utah (OK, don't answer that) and somehow failed to notice that every woman in every other part of the country was wearing a poncho? Or, were ponchos just easy to knit and, thus, the project-of-choice for a newer knitter? Well, maybe the answer is just a little of both. There certainly are lots of ponchos being knit (but are they being worn??). At least they're not the huge, bulky kind that my mother knit for me and my two sisters 30 (cough, cough) years ago. I'm almost ready to get on the poncho bandwagon; not for me, of course, by for my DH11. So, I hunted down this pattern which looks extremely easy. Two rectangles sewn together; I can do that. I even have some Choo-Choo yarn. Well, probably not 6 balls, but I can alter the pattern and use two or more types of yarns. Does anyone know if there's a poncho knitalong that I need to join or am I too late for that, too?


Who's linking here?
|

Running commentary on my unending quest to knit up my stash.