Friday, July 30, 2004

Yarn Heaven

I've been too excited to blog lately. Why, you ask? 'Cause I got the most amazing package in the mail the other day. If you've ever received yarn from Germany, you know how the appearance of this box:


on your doorstep can make your heart race with excitement. This box was sent to me by Tine, who is a prolific German sock knitter (and all-around fabulous person) so I knew it was going to be special. Well, there was no disappointment here. Look what it was filled with:




Fabulous skeins of German sock yarn: Opal, Regia, and Fortissima. There was a 100g skein of Fortissima Diso, the sock yarn with the strand of Lurex that is always sold out at my LYS. And, two skeins of the new Opal sock yarn that's wool and silk (instead of nylon). I've decided to use one of the Opal Handpaint colors for my Making Waves socks and I've already wound it into a center-pull ball.



The color reminds me of the yucky, dull ocean I swam in as a child growing up just to the south of Boston. Ah, the good old days.

But wait, that's not all folks. Look what Tine knit for me!



Yup, a pair of hand-knit socks just for moi! I've knit socks for many, many people but no one has ever knit a pair for me. I was just speechless when I pulled them out of the box. It was 95+ degrees outside but I pulled them on and wore them all night. I'm totally psyched!

Grüße aus Amerika, und danke vielmals, Tine!!


Who's linking here?
|

Running commentary on my unending quest to knit up my stash.