Friday, August 27, 2004

Fickle Me

So, after posting about how anxious I'm feeling with all my WIPs, I went ahead and joined two new "alongs." One is a Poncho Along that I joined to motivate myself to make DD the poncho she's been bugging me about. One of the members has provided links to tens of poncho patterns, which saved me a lot of time. Thanks! I've decided to crochet DD's poncho since she wants one that's "holey."

Then I joined a German sock knitalong
that's patterned after the Six Sox Knitalong that I'm hosting. The first pattern isn't unveiled until October 1st so I can relax about that one for now.

I finished this crazy novelty scarf at Stitch 'n Bitch on Tuesday night. Here's a lovely bride doll modeling it for you.



It's for a friend who loves Halloween; but you already guessed that, right. I used a clever technique taught to me by a friend to knit this. You knit one row with one color, and the next with the second color. You may ask, "How in the world did you do that since the yarn would be at the wrong end of the needle?" Well, I'll tell you on Monday since I'm writing the directions up this weekend when I have a minute. If you know the trick and want to post it in my comments, be my guest.


Who's linking here?
|

Running commentary on my unending quest to knit up my stash.