Friday, August 06, 2004

Likes and Dislikes

Yipee! My Secret Pal has commented twice on my blog. Hi, Secret Pal! I can't believe you live in the Boston area (my old stomping grounds). I'll send vibes your way when I'm there next week. Oh, and I should add that I'm taking your advice and visiting A Good Yarn instead of the shop in Cambridge. I planned to go to the MFA or the Gardner Museum so I'll just hop on the Green Line to Brookline Village afterward. Thanks for the recommendation.

Heidi sent out a message to all the Secret Pals suggesting that we post a list of answers to several questions to help our Secret Pals.

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer high-end/natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?
I confess, I'm a yarn snob. Give me a nice hank of merino or alpaca over a case of Coeur d'Rouge any day. Plus, I'm a sucker for almost any skein of handpainted yarn.

2. Do you spin? Crochet?
I don't spin, and I crochet only when I have to.

3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)
I have a hypersensitivity to smells like perfumes, smoke, etc. I get horrible migraine headaches. I can't even walk near the perfume counter at Nordstrom.

4. How long have you been knitting?
Hmmm . . . I guess this means I have to confess my age. Well, I've been knitting since I was wabout 10 years old (i.e., 1971)

5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
No. Wait a minute, I might have a wish list at theknittingzone.com. Can't remember.

6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
See my answer to question 3.

7. Do you have a sweet tooth?
But for sweets, I think I'd be dead from starvation. Although I hate hard candy.

8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
Nothing

10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer?
I love black, blue, purple, and red-orange. I dislike pastels, especially pink.

11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I'm married with two kids and one cat (who loves me best).

12. What are your life dreams?
Hmmm . . . Can my Secret Pal really make my life dreams come true?

There, that's more than you probably ever wanted to know about me.


Who's linking here?
|

Running commentary on my unending quest to knit up my stash.