Thursday, August 19, 2004

My Manos



Here's a first glimpse at some of my recent yarn acquisitions.



It's two skeins of Manos Del Uruguay yarn in colorway #109; not quite so pink as it appears in the photo. I've never owned a skein of Manos and it's just beautiful yarn. As soon as I saw it I knew I had to have it because the color reminded me so much of New England fall foliage. I just Googled and saw that the colorway is very appropriately called "Woodland." At first I balked a little at the price because I had promised myself that I wouldn't spend more than I had alotted for yarn on this trip and this was the first LYS I visited. But my birthday is Saturday so my mother, who came to the shop with me, gave me the cash as an early birthday present. I haven't decided yet whether I'll use it to make a hat and mittens or maybe a scarf since I'm not much of a hat person.

I bought it at the Franklin Mill Store which is in Franklin, MA. The shop was easy enough to get to but on the way home I went the wrong way on I-95. I didn't realize my mistake until I passed the "Welcome to Rhode Island" signs. Yikes, inadvertantly traveling into a neighboring state is not something that happens with any frequency when you live in Utah.


Who's linking here?
|

Running commentary on my unending quest to knit up my stash.