Tuesday, August 24, 2004

New Shawl

I finally started the shawl I intend to knit for Leandra's Shawl-Along.



It's the Gracie Shawl from Myrna Stahman's book, Stahman's Shawls and Scarves: Lace Faroese-Shaped Shaws from the Neck Down & Seamen's Scarves. I believe the book is out of print, but if you ever have the chance to get your hands on a copy don't hesitate a minute before buying it. The shawls are knit from the neck down so the sizing is extremely easy to adjust. The only con, of course, is that the number of stitches increases as you knit, making those last few inches seem like they take forever! I picked the Gracie pattern for the selfish reason that it was pretty but easy, and for the sappy reason that my middle name is Grace. I'm sure you'll be seeing a lot of this shawl in the next few weeks and it probably won't look much larger each time!

More Stash Enhancement Pics

Here's some more of the yarn I got on my trip.



It's two skeins of Classic Elite Montera yarn (50% llama, 50% wool). I made a scarf from this yarn last year and really liked it. Then I saw a pattern for mittens that used this yarn and I immediately regretted that I'd already knit up the skeins I had in my stash. Well, now I have the yarn again but can't, for the life of me, remember where I saw the pattern for the mittens. They had cuffs knit from Chincilla or some fluffy yarn like that. Help . . . please!


Who's linking here?
|

Running commentary on my unending quest to knit up my stash.