Sunday, August 22, 2004

Squiggle Scarf

Wow, thanks to everyone who sent birthday greetings my way. What fun to get so many messages from all around the world!

Here's a look at what I knit this weekend.



Nothing special, just a scarf for my friend who drove me into Logan Airport last week. She's a huge Parrothead so I thought the colors would be appropriate for the next time she goes to a concert. She was a dear to take me to the airport as the alternative was public transportation. But, then again, she has been a friend since 1966 (!) when we took a tap dancing class together.
The yarn is Crystal Palace Squiggle. I like the way the scarf came out, although the yarn was a little more difficult to knit with than some other novelty yarns.

More Questions, More Answers

The Secret Pal II staff sent out another list of questions while I was away. Here are my responses:

What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
Probably Cherry Tree Hill supersock, Mountain Colors Bearfoot, or Inca Alpaca. I'm starting to become addicted to alpaca. However, I'm thinking that Manos I just bought could turn out to be a favorite.

What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
Hmmm . . . I can't say I'm really obsessed with knitting anything. However, it may be fair to characterize me as obsessed with acquiring knitting-related items.

What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Socks have always been my favorite item to knit. The yarn choices are great, they're inexpensive, and there are only two ends to weave in at the end. Plus, I'm really short so I can never get a good fit with sweaters. On the other hand, I have very average feet so socks fit without much alternations to the pattern.

What are you knitting right now?
Socks and shawls from lace-weight yarn. This will probably change as the holidays get a little closer and time becomes more scarce.

What do you think about ponchos? (this is really a curiousity question
for us)

I don't like the way they feel since, personally, I like to be able to move my arms freely. Plus, I just can't get past the avocado green and burnt orange ones my mother knit me when I was a kid. That said, I'm under constant pressure from DD to make one for her so I suspect I'll be making another.

Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
Circular. Although I strongly prefer to knit socks on bamboo double-points.

How did you learn to knit?
I taught myself from a book when I was about 10.

How old is your oldest UFO?
My oldest UFO is a pair of simple, st. st. socks that I'm knitting using the Magic Loop method that I started about 5 months ago. I actually don't know why these are a UFO since I really like the way they're working up and I've turned the heel on both socks (which I'm knitting simultaneously). They just keep getting pushed to the end of the line for some unexplainable reason.


Who's linking here?
|

Running commentary on my unending quest to knit up my stash.