Thursday, September 23, 2004

More Yarn!

I promised some pictures of the yarn I got last weekend and here they are. I begin, however, with the vessel in which the yarn arrived.



It's enough to make your heart skip a beat, isn't it.

Instead of saving the best for last, I'm going to show you the best first.





The pattern magazine is written in German, but did my poor foreign language skills prevent me from reading the thing from cover-to-cover? Nope. What a fantastic book and it's filled with amazing sock patterns. Who can I lobby to publish this in English? The needles are metal Addis in size 2.5mm. One set is glove length and now that I've signed on to Johanna's glove-along, they arrived just in time. The point protectors are my absolute favorite kind.

Next are all the amazing yarns:









And, last but not least, a group of yarns to be used for charity projects.


See that skein of Regia?? It can be yours in two months if you knit socks for CIC. Join the Six Sox Knitalong and find out how! Danke vielmals, Kadri!

New Pattern

Remember those skeins of Noro Silk Garden I got from Wendy? Here's the scarf I knit from them:


(The pin is included in the picture for you, Norma.)

I'll post the link to the pattern tomorrow morning. Also, I've received several questions about my new shawl project that will be easier to answer via the blog. Stay tuned.


Who's linking here?
|

Running commentary on my unending quest to knit up my stash.