Monday, September 06, 2004

Poncho, Poncho, Who Has the Poncho?



Hope everyone had a great holiday weekend.

The Poncho-Along has begun and it got me thinking about something I made last year. My friend and I knit several Barbie outfits and donated them to the Utah Legal Aid fundraiser. They sold for $150.00 which I thought was a pretty good amount of money. Here’s one of the outfits I made:



I also made a cute poncho from leftover Opal Mexiko yarn. I never wrote the pattern down and haven’t had the occasion to make another. But I dug out a ball of leftover Opal Tiger yarn last night and put on my thinking cap. Here’s the result:



This time I did write down the pattern and I’ll create a Web page for it later this week. Just to whet your appetite, though, it’s knit all in one piece. Absolutely no seaming involved. Elizabeth Zimmerman would be so proud of me!


Who's linking here?
|

Running commentary on my unending quest to knit up my stash.