Friday, September 03, 2004

Quick Post

I only have time for a quick post today. The kids are off school and are chomping at the bit to get out of the house and do something. I did, however, want to post a picture of the mitten I made yesterday.



The pattern is from Nancy Bush's book, Folk Knitting in Estonia. I did the cuff a different way and used different colors and yarns, but otherwise it's the same as the pattern. ;-)

It's my first attempt at stranded knitting in the round and I'm quickly learning that this is not one of my strong suits. I'm hoping some of the wonkiness is remedied by blocking.

If you haven't entered my contest yet, there's still time. I'm cutting entries off at 3:00 p.m. today and I'll announce the winner tomorrow. It will probably be in the afternoon, since I'm going to the Back of the Wasatch Fiber Art and Wool Festival in the morning with the gals from Stitch and Bitch.
Good luck, and thanks to everyone for leaving such wonderful knitting tips!


Who's linking here?
|

Running commentary on my unending quest to knit up my stash.