Monday, September 20, 2004

True Confessions of A Yarn Pig

Here's a taste of what I've received in the mail over the last few days. First, is a fabulous kit from Canada that I swapped for:



It's 150 fabulous grams of Fleece Artist Mohair and Blue Faced Leicester yarn. The label includes instructions for socks made from a strand of each yarn. Wow, those would be some warm socks! I'm actually inspired to make a scarf from it, but I'm going to let this idea mull for a while. Until I decide, I'll just continue to pet the skein.

I also got another hank of Helen's Lace to make my second Meadow Flowers Shawl.



You may recall that I ordered a hank of this yarn in the Desert Flower colorway because Mary didn't have the Gold Hill colorway. I decided the Desert Flower was really just a bit too pinky for me so I tracked down the Gold Hill. My 14-year-old son opened this package up while I was on the phone with him and he said, "Yup, it's yarn; but it looks like really nice yarn. Hand-dyed, I think." How true! Haven't I trained him well.

Then, I was RAOK'd by Wendy with these two wonderful skeins of Noro Silk Garden.


I won't say yet what I'm using this for, but I've already started it. Thanks, Wendy!

You want to know what was in my fabulous yellow box, though, don't you. Sorry, you'll have to wait 'til tomorrow. I'm still inventorying everything. What does that tell you about the contents!

What's That!





Ooops, how did that picture sneak into my blog? It looks like another shawl project is underway. Details to follow. Oh, and Roberta made a Barbie poncho from my pattern. Check it out!


Who's linking here?
|

Running commentary on my unending quest to knit up my stash.