Monday, September 27, 2004

What, Another Shawl?

I finished my Lily Chin shawl on Sunday morning and blocked it that afternoon.



The jury's still out on it. On the plus side, it was easy and required very little thought or concentration. On the other hand, the finished shawl is very long across the top and not so long down the sides so it has a slightly odd shape. It would probably look best on a short person with a large upper body. I fit the "short person" half of that equation, but I can't lay claim to having a large upper body.

Last time I showed a picture of a shawl being blocked, someone asked me about the blocking pins I use. They're made by Clover and they have two tines so they don't leave a "blip" along the edge of the shawl.



I love them. My LYS, The Wool Cabin, carries them and you can order some by calling them at (801) 466-1811.

Not Meant to Be

After I finished the shawl, I started a pair of gloves for the Glove-Along.



I'm using Inca Alpaca from an ill-fated vest that I frogged about a year ago. I'm beginning to think that this yarn is cursed, because I ended up frogging the gloves, too, shortly after I took the photo. They were too big and loosely knit. I'll just restart with the same number of stitches but smaller needles.


Who's linking here?
|

Running commentary on my unending quest to knit up my stash.