Thursday, September 16, 2004

Yet Another FO

I bet you thought I was kidding when I said that I’d finished the Flower Basket Shawl in three days. That's 4 FOs in less than a week (see below if you missed the other 3).
Well, I really wasn’t kidding and here’s the proof:

Before Blocking:



After Blocking:



At first I was afraid it was going to be much too small, but the finished measurements are approximately 52" across and 24" from the top to the center point. That's only about 2" in each direction smaller than the pattern indicates. I've decided that this is my shawl for Leandra’s Shawl-Along. Oh, I haven't forgotten that I promised to post how I altered the pattern. But that will be in tomorrow's post since I'd like to get a close-up picture so you can see what I'm talking about. So check back tomorrow.

The yarn is Glimmer from Americas Alpaca. Like most alpaca, it’s luscious and soft. Even my son couldn’t stop himself from touching it as I was knitting. It also has tiny specks of irridescent fiber spun into the yarn. Very pretty. I bought the yarn on Saturday when I went to my favorite LYS that recently relocated a few miles. I think the front of the building is cute.



I bumped into Margene so here's a photo op with her, Cathy, and Marge (who works at the shop).



And, although I loved the old location (which was a smaller, older house), this one is much more spacious and bright. Also, it's now within walking distance of my office and across the street from an excellent bakery/lunch place. Only time will tell whether the move turns out to be a blessing or a curse for me. All I’ll say at this point, is that I've been there two more times since Saturday. You be the judge.


Who's linking here?
|

Running commentary on my unending quest to knit up my stash.