Thursday, October 14, 2004

Heel Instructions

I just heard back from the knitter who posted the heel instructions to the Six Sox Knitalong and she agreed to allow me to post them here (the picture of my heel/sock is in yesterday's post). But, before I do that, I want you to check out her blog. It's fabulous. If you want the English translation, click here.
Go ahead, read it, I'll wait . . . . .













OK, here are the instructions in her words. Although she's German, her English is perfect!:

"You start with a heel flap, knitting as many rows as you have heel stitches. For an example I describe how to work it on a 60-stitches sock, but it works for all numbers.
So when you have 60 stitches, there are 30 heel stitches, the heel flap should be 30 rows (more, if you have a high foot, less, if you have a low foot).

Then you start with short rows
1. Row (RS) knit 19 stitches (half of the heel stitches + 4), wrap and turn
2. Row (WS) slip wrapped stitch, purl 8 stitches, wrap and turn
3. Row: slip wrapped stitch, knit 9 stitches, wrap and turn
4. Row: slip wrapped stitch, purl 10 stitches, wrap and turn
Continue Row 3 + 4 until you knit half of the heel stitches (or one more, if necessary to get an even number) - with 30 heel stitches there should be 16 stitches, ending on WS
Next Row: knit 15 stitches, skpsso, turn
Next Row: slip first stitch purlwise (the one that was skpsso in the row before), purl 14, p2tog, turn
Next Row: slip first stitch knitwise (the one that was p2tog in the row before), knit 14, skpsso, turn
Repeat the last two rows until all stitches are "eaten up", ending with 16 stitches.

Finish heel by picking up gusset stitches and decreasing them in every other round."

Thank you, Beate, for taking the time to write this out and for agreeing to share it!!

Beware?!

I got the most hilarious fortune cookie at lunch today:
"You will overcome the attacks of jealous associates."
Beware jealous associates, I'm on to you!


Who's linking here?
|

Running commentary on my unending quest to knit up my stash.