Friday, October 22, 2004

Hilarious

I just love today's post from Julia.

With all the excitement over the ALCS I neglected to post a photo of my latest finished sock. The pattern is really fun to knit. It's a slip-stitch pattern, not a stranded pattern so it moves very quickly and is somewhat hypnotic. Plus, I've been knitting feverishly while the rest of my family has been watching the games on TV. I've come to the conclusion that my role in life is to jinx the Red Sox. Really. The minute I even venture near the TV, they strike out or give up hits. Is there an independently wealthy Red Sox fan out there who would be willing to fund my week-long vacation to New Zealand?



It's a little difficult to see the stitch pattern and this close-up isn't much better:



It's the first pattern in the Mustersocken knitalong and the listmoms have translated it into English so if you're inclined to join, no mastery of the German language is required.


Who's linking here?
|

Running commentary on my unending quest to knit up my stash.