Thursday, October 21, 2004

I Love It!

OK, I admit it; I'm dragging today. The emotional rollercoaster is too much for me at this age. Plus, I was completely unable to get to sleep last night. Who knew there were so many sports programs on TV after 10:00 p.m. Here's the best part of all, though--this morning someone got to my blog via Google by searching for "yankee choke pictures." Oh, I'm in heaven.

Holiday Gifts Part II

If you read yesterday's post you may be wondering who won't be getting a hand-knit gift from me this year. At the top of the list is a family friend for whom I knit a felted bag last year. Although I may have tendancy to overestimate my abilitites as a knitter, I thought the bag was beautiful. In any event, I worked really hard on it for quite a long time and was really excited to give it to her. She opened the package, removed the bag, scrutinized it for a few seconds and said, "Oh, did you make this." Believe me, the statement was not made with admiration, but more with disdain. She'll be getting a store-bought gift this year.

As for the bag I posted about yesterday, the pattern is in the Winter 2003 Knitter's Magazine. I didn’t write down the changes I made but they were made to the strap and the closure tab. If you follow the instructions as written, the strap is skinny (and it is sewn onto the bag instead of knit into it). I made the strap on the maroon bag similar to the one on my One-World, One Purse pattern. Here's how the maroon one looks with the pin.



Cute, huh.

All of this talk of holiday gifts has put a contest idea in my head. I'm headed to the Happiest Place on Earth next week (not this Happiest Place, this one) so I won't be blogging. But, I have an idea for fun contest to keep you occupied in my absence. Stay tuned.

To My Secret Pal

Hi, Secret Pal! Thanks for leaving a comment for me. Just wanted to let you know that I started a sock from the pink/grey/black marled yarn you sent me. The picture is crappy, but the sock is fabulous.



Thanks!!



Who's linking here?
|

Running commentary on my unending quest to knit up my stash.