Tuesday, October 19, 2004

I've Been RAOK'd


I got the most amazing RAOK in the mail yesterday. It was sent to me by Colette in NYC and was filled with all my favorite things.



On the edible front, there was some Godiva dark chocolate (yum yum) and orange-flavored tea. There's nothing better than the combination of dark chocolate and orange. On the knitting front, there was some Regia sock yarn with a bit of orange in it (I love orange), a spiral note pad, and a zippered plastic project bag. I just love those project bags and usually stock up when I'm in Ketchum, Idaho.

I confess that I tried but I couldn't keep my hands off the sock yarn. I like to make my socks so they match perfectly (bet you're surprised to hear that, huh) which usually involves the thankless and time-consuming task of pulling yarn from the beginning of one skein then the other until reaching the point where they match up. The two skeins Colette sent me, however, were almost identical! I only had to pull out about 2 yards from one skein until I got to the point where they matched. So, I have a good feeling about the socks that I'll make from this yarn.

Somebody Save Me

If they can't manage to win in my lifetime, they'll kill me first from the stress. That's all I'll say on this subject today.




Who's linking here?
|

Running commentary on my unending quest to knit up my stash.