Sunday, October 10, 2004

Looky What I Got

The Legal Aid fundraiser was a blast; definitely not your typical silent auction. The entertainment was provided by a local three-person, comic-singing act called the Saliva Sisters. They're completely hilarious. A former co-worker of mine ran the live auction portion of the event and managed to sell a $100.00 pair of tickets to a Utah-BYU football game for $750.00. Yipee! He also sold two other items for nearly double their "retail value."

Two of my friends and I have formed a group we call "Women Lawyers Knitting Underground" and every year we each donate something. I'm happy to report that, despite being located in a far corner of the room, the shawl I donated sold for a very respectable $140.00. One friend made a gorgeous French Market bag and a matching hat and guess who went home with it? Yup, ME! Check it out (if you click on the picture, a new window opens up with a larger view):



Isn't it fabulous. Its made from Lamb’s Pride worsted yarn and is based on a hat pattern written by a local knitter/spinner/weaver and sold at my LYS. Here's a close-up of the pattern:



I won’t disclose what I paid for it, but I got a great deal and so did Legal Aid.

Addendum

Several people have written and asked if I wore the Hallowig. I'll leave that for you to figure out.


Who's linking here?
|

Running commentary on my unending quest to knit up my stash.