Thursday, October 07, 2004

My Sky

I've been inspired by Margene's scenic pictures of Salt Lake City and Donna's post requesting sky pictures, to take a couple of pictures of "my sky." If you click on the pictures, a new window with a larger (and better) view will pop up.

Here's the view to the East that I have every morning when I drop DS off at his school on my way to work:



And here are two views that DD has while she's playing outside at recess. The first is the same mountain from the picture above, but taken behind the school:



This is the view from the same spot in the playground looking to the West.



Prime real estate, isn't it!

Yes, There is Knitting Content Today

Don't ask me how, but I got roped into making three cell phone covers last night. The first two were cheats, 'cause I crocheted them. DD, of course, was not happy with a pedestrian cell phone cover and had to have something a little more lively. And, she insisted, it had to be knit. So I made a deal with her. For as long as it took me to knit the cover, she had to sit beside me and read. Deal done! Here's the finished product:



And here's how I made it.
Finis!

I would caution against using anything but Fizz. Fun Fur would definitely be too bulky. And, if your phone is wider than DD's, you'd have to cast on more than 28 stitches, although the stretch in the Fixation would help. Also, the wrong side of the cover is much fluffier than the right side so you might want to turn it inside-out.

Alleged Joke


Here's the punch line to the joke I posted yesterday:

Q: What can you get at Yankee Stadium that you can't get at Fenway Park?
A: A hot dog in October

(ha, ha)
Of course, the Sox won again last night so don't choke on that hot dog yet.





Who's linking here?
|

Running commentary on my unending quest to knit up my stash.