Sunday, October 31, 2004

Random Observations:



Proof that you just can’t understand it unless you were born and raised in Massachusetts:

DH (native of Long Island and life-long Mets fan): Oh my gosh, it says here in the newspaper that 88% of all New Englanders who were watching TV during the last 15 minutes of Game 4 were watching the Red Sox/Cardinals game. That's amazing!

Me (grew up outside Boston and descended from a family whose presence in Massachusetts has been traced back to 1690): That is amazing; what the hell were those 12% watching????

Proof that you’ve been in Disneyland too long:

DD (11 years old): Mom, is that a real duck or a fake duck?
Me (43 years old with 20 years of schooling including a post-graduate degree): I’m not sure.

Secret Pal II



My Secret Pal was Michelle! Thanks for being a great Secret Pal; I always loved to read your nice posts after you got my packages. My last package to Michelle included the tan and navy blue socks that I knit from the Mustersocken pattern. Hope they fit you, Michelle!

Contest



Thanks to everyone who's entered the contest. There are some great links to some wonderful patterns. I don’t know what I’m going to knit first! I'll announce the winner tomorrow afternoon so there's still time to enter.


Who's linking here?
|

Running commentary on my unending quest to knit up my stash.