Tuesday, November 30, 2004

100 Boring Things About Me


Well, if it's a good enough topic for Norma & Annie, it's good enough for me. Try to stay awake to the end.

1. I am deathly afraid of spiders.
2. I was the first person in my family (mother’s and father’s sides) to graduate from a 4-year college with a bachelor’s degree.
3. I am still the only person in my family (mother’s and father’s sides) to go to graduate school.
4. When I was 25 years old, I went to England to visit my mother’s brother.
5. Until I took that trip, no one in my family had talked to or seen my uncle since he left the United States for England during World War II.
6. On that same trip, I became the first person in my family to meet my 40-year-old cousin who was born in England.
7. I have visited the church in Italy where my grandmother, grandfather, and mother were baptized.
8. The only Italian I can speak are the swear words.
9. I swear a lot (but not around my kids).
10. I was born on the East Coast and miss the beach.
11. I’ve dipped my feet in the Atlantic Ocean, the Pacific Ocean, and the Mediterranean Sea.
12. Frolicking on the beach is bad for me; I’ve had to have several “moles” removed.
13. My sister is only 362 days older than me.
14. I love the color red-orange.
15. Ninety percent of the clothes I own are black, grey, white, or tan.
16. My winter coat is fire engine red.
17. I was raised Catholic.
18. I didn’t know a non-Catholic person until I was in high school.
19. I’m married to a Jew.
20. My children have been converted to Judaism.
21. My first child was born 2 weeks early.
22. I gained 45 pounds with my first pregnancy, which was 41% of my pre-pregnancy weight.
23. I weigh the same now as I did before my first pregnancy.
24. I have been to Disneyland/Disney World at least 14 times.
25. My favorite movie is Annie Hall.
26. I’ve seen it in the movie theater 34 times (most times at a theater in Harvard Square).
27. I grew up in a house situated directly across the street from a cemetery.
28. My mother also grew up in that house.
29. My parents still live there.
30. I smoked when I was in high school and college.
31. I live 2,000 miles away from any blood relative.
32. I met one of my best friends when we took a tap dancing class together at age five.
33. My other two best friends are women I met in Junior High School.
34. My junior high school was demolished a couple of months ago.
35. When I was in elementary school, I wanted to be a go-go dancer (or so my parents tell me).
36. My mother took me to the library every week when I was a child.
37. I was allowed to check out 4 books and keep them for 7 days.
38. I read them all the first day, then read them each 6 more times.
39. I worked in the Children’s Room of the same library when I was in High School.
40. I’ve worked in a bank.
41. I’ve also worked in a VA hospital in a non-medical position.
42. Hospitals scare me.
43. I’ve never colored my hair.
44. I did get a perm once.
45. It made me look foolish.
46. I wear contact lenses.
47. I’m blind as a bat.
48. I love dark chocolate; milk chocolate not so much.
49. I much prefer Diet Pepsi to Diet Coke.
50. Within a two-month period in 1988 I: graduated from law school; got married; went on a trip to the Bahamas; moved 2,200 miles; started a new job; took the bar exam; and bought a house.
51. I’ve never gotten a traffic ticket of any kind; not even a parking ticket.
52. I’m always cold.
53. I’m older than my husband.
54. I’m 5’2” tall.
55. I once dated a basketball player from Hamilton College who was 6’5” tall.
56. I have no talent for music.
57. I envy people who have musical talent.
58. I never watch TV.
59. I don't know how to operate our TV since we got a dish system.
60. I don’t eat red meat.
61. The sight of raw meat, chicken, and fish makes me nauseous.
62. I eat a lot of junk food.
63. I voted in my first presidential election when I was 18.
64. I voted for Jimmy Carter.
65. I’ve always been good at math.
66. I’m very bad at arithmetic.
67. When I started college, I was an engineering major.
68. I ended up with a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration.
69. I got accepted to every law school to which I applied.
70. I went to the worst law school that accepted me because I got a full scholarship and a stipend.
71. I’m a lawyer but I hate conflict.
72. I love shopping at TJ Maxx.
73. I unequivocally refuse to shop at Wal-Mart.
74. I hate Las Vegas.
75. I visit Las Vegas at least 4 times a year.
76. I hate to fly.
77. I hate to stay in hotels.
78. I have germ issues.
79. I love to travel even though that necessarily entails flying, staying in a hotel, and germs.
80. I was at the Denver International Airport on September 11, 2001 and was about to board a plane back to Salt Lake City when they grounded all flights.
81. My friend from law school was on one of the planes that flew into the World Trade Center.
82. I flew again with a month of September 11th.
83. And took my kids with me.
84. We went to Disneyland (see question #24, supra).
85. I cried every day for more than a month after September 11th.
86. I was in Washington, D.C. during the Bicentennial.
87. I watched the fireworks on July 4, 1976, from the Mall.
88. I sat in VIP seats with my friend whose father was a colonel in the Army.
89. I am extremely patriotic.
90. I never fly an American flag in front of my house on holidays.
91. I sat next to Ivan Lendl at a nondescript pizza joint in London in the summer of 1986 and then watched him play at Wimbledon the next day.
92. I can’t spell.
93. I’ve never spanked my kids.
94. My kids are very well-behaved.
95. I learned to knit when I was 10 years old.
96. I keep all my knitting info on my Palm Pilot.
97. I sometimes forget to sync my Palm Pilot before the batteries run out.
98. When I was 6 years old, I went on a family vacation to Montreal, Canada.
99. We never went on another family vacation.
100. I spent far too much time making this list.


Who's linking here?
|

Running commentary on my unending quest to knit up my stash.