Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Goodies From Germany


Although the package I mailed to Michelle couldn't seem to find its way from Salt Lake City to Chicago, a package from Tine in Germany made it to my mailbox in record time. Inside there was a fabulous Anna booklet filled with stitch patterns, many of which I didn't recognize. Knowing that I like knitting small things on tiny needles, Tine also sent a wonderfully kitschy pattern book for the Barbie who has everything.





Check out the detail on this outfit for Ken:


Please, somebody stop me before I cast on for this!

There was also a skein of Opal sock yarn in the new Elemente colorway. Tine, of course, sent me the one with my favorite colors:


This is just calling out to me from the shelf ("knit me, knit me") but I'm resisting the temptation to abandon my Oriel Lace shawl. I worked on it a bit last night after Stitch 'N Bitch and have completed about 3.5 pattern repeats. Only 6.5 to go. However, I have clearly chosen the wrong needles for this project. I'm using a pair of very slippery Inox circular needles. The yarn is also very slippery so combining the two was sheer folly on my part. I managed to wrest a set of Susanne's ebony double-points from Laurie last night and I may transfer the stitches to two of those. Speaking of which, does anyone know where I can get my hands on some Holtz & Stein circular needles???? Danke.


Who's linking here?
|

Running commentary on my unending quest to knit up my stash.