Monday, November 15, 2004

Pipe Dreams

Kim asked on Friday, "If you had unlimited time, money, and boundless skills as a knitter, what would your dream project be." Here's my dream project: Sivia Harding's Shetland Garden Farose Shawl. Alas, I still haven't bought the pattern because not only do I lack the time, but sadly I also the knitting skills.

Today's FO

The green felted bag I blogged about last week is finally dry.



I used every last bit of the Candide yarn and so I had to knit the tab with some black Cascade 220. The tab closes with a magnet that I picked up at my LYS. It’s made by Clover and comes in silver-tone or gold-tone.

The pattern is loosely based on the Felted Pocketbook pattern I used to make the maroon felted bag a couple of weeks ago. The pattern was in last winter’s Knitter’s Magazine. If you don’t have that issue, I was thumbing through the new book, Bags: A Knitter's Dozen, at my LYS on Saturday and noticed that the pattern is included in the book. If you haven’t seen the book yet, it also has the pattern for the Entrelac Market Squares Bag that was in the Summer 2001 issue of Knitters. I know some knitters have been searching for that pattern. Karen from our Stitch and Bitch group knit a gorgeous one that she brought to our meeting last Tuesday.

For the strap, I used a variation of the strap on my One World One Purse pattern. Basically, the center stitches are worked in garter stitch and there is an attached I-cord on each side. Every so many rows, you decrease one of the center stitches which makes the strap get thinner and thinner until you’re left with 7 stitches: 3 for the I-cord on one side, one in the middle, and 3 for the I-cord on the other side. It makes a nice, sturdy strap.


Who's linking here?
|

Running commentary on my unending quest to knit up my stash.