Saturday, November 27, 2004

Recipe Time



A couple of people asked, so here's my pumpkin bread recipe. If you make it, let me know how it turned out.



Pumpkin Walnut Cranberry Bread

2 c. flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
3/4 c. sugar
2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
3/4 c. canned pumpkin
1 egg (slightly beaten)
1/4 c. melted butter (cooled)
2/3 c. milk
1 c. whole cranberries
1 c. chopped walnuts

Mix the first 6 ingredients together in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, mix the remaining 6 ingredients being careful not to damage the cranberries. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix only enough to blend the two together. Pour into a greased and floured 9 inch loaf pan. Bake 1 hour at 350 degrees.

Caveat: This recipe works for me, but I live at an altitude slightly higher than 3,500 feet. If you live closer to sea level, you may need to lower the oven temperature or cook the bread for slightly less than 1 hour. I’d check it at 50 minutes just to be on the safe side.


Who's linking here?
|

Running commentary on my unending quest to knit up my stash.