Tuesday, November 16, 2004

Sad But True

Thanks to everyone for the positive comments on my knitting skills. I'm typically not a self-deprecating person, and my, "Oh, I'm not such a good knitter," comment wasn't intended as such. But, I confess that my memory isn't what it used to be, so the essential skill I lack as a lace knitter is the ability to look at a row in a chart and remember it beyond the first 3-4 stitches. Sad, but true. That said, I took a lace class at my LYS on Sunday. Margene, Laurie, Emily, Cathy were there, too, so it was like Grrl's Day Out. The class was taught by Anne Carroll Gilmore, the author of the now infamous Dancing Stars Hat Pattern that Tine and my friend have both adapted to the French Market Bag. We worked on Anne's pattern called the Oriel Lace Shawl/Stole. Here's my progress as of Monday night:



I think the pattern is lovely and, best of all, it's easy to memorize!! I'm using a single strand of lace-weight Misti Alpaca and the fabric is incredibly soft. I may actually keep this for myself.

My second "sad, but true" story for today is that my Secret Pal never received the last package I sent her. Yup, how about shedding a collective tear for both me and Michelle. Just think, those fabulous alpaca/wool socks are probably sitting in the bowels of some nondescript post office as I type this. The green felted bag from yesterday's post is on its way to Michelle as a consolation prize. Think good thoughts with me and maybe it will reach its final destination.

On a happier note, I got a fabulous package from Germany on Monday and I'll take some pictures of the contents tonight. I also decided to post a picture of the next Six Sox Knitalong sock.



Sorry, that's all I'm showing for now!


Who's linking here?
|

Running commentary on my unending quest to knit up my stash.