Monday, December 27, 2004

Aftermath



I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday weekend and has recovered from any holiday knitting frenzy. I spent Friday morning and afternoon doing some last-minute shopping and wrapping. The stores were surprisingly calm but the drivers . . . ugh! The last store I visited was JoAnne Fabric because I had a 50% off coupon and needed one more present for DH (more on the present later this week). Anyway, as my friend in Boston used to say, "I nearly dropped my teeth" when I saw the employees setting up the Easter display! Cripes, it was December 24th!

That evening we went to a little party at the home of the woman who nannied my kids when they were little. This has become somewhat of a tradition since we have no family living close by. She has 7 children and this is the first year in quite a while that all 7 were present. Last year, one was in Iraq, and in years past at least one child has been on his or her Mormon mission. So, it was absolutely wonderful to see all of them.

My (Jewish) in-laws arrived from Las Vegas on Christmas Day and we had a traditional Italian Christmas Dinner (i.e., it involved lasagne). I spent the better part of the day working on writing a new sock pattern and watching the movie Napolean Dynamite. It's a fabulous, must see movie. Watch the trailer and you'll be hooked too.
The sock pattern will be available for purchase early next week and I've decided to donate all the proceeds to Oxfam which is assisting with the tsunami relief effort in Southeast Asia.

Oh, and here's a picture of the wonderful Christmas prezzie I received from Tine in Germany.



I've worn it every day since it arrived in the mail and I've been stopped multiple times by people who have admired it loudly. It's a beautiful, thoughtful gift.


Who's linking here?
|

Running commentary on my unending quest to knit up my stash.