Friday, December 03, 2004

Celebrate! Plus A Contest!


Today my blog is one year old. WooHoo!



I'll be the first to admit that it was a pretty lame blog the first few months, but I'm fairly happy with it now. On this mundane historic day, I'd like to thank two other knitters. First, there's Teresa who assured me that my blog didn't suck when, in fact, it did. But, because I admire Teresa, I blinded myself to the truth and kept on blogging when I probably should have thrown in the towel. Thanks, Teresa. Second, I want to thank Lynn, who was the first knitting blogger to link to me. Betcha didn't think I'd remember that did you, Lynn?

I'd also like to say that, for the most part, I've enjoyed my blogging experience although it sometimes consumes a little too much precious knitting time. I'm especially happy about all the wonderful knitting bloggers I've met in the last year, both in the U.S. and across The Pond, especially Germany. So, what's my biggest regret about my first year of blogging?? If I had to pick one thing, it's that my favorite blogger has never linked to me (*sigh*) although she's left a comment or two on my blog (causing a slight quickening of my heartbeat each time). Come on, Stephanie, throw me a bone, huh. I've knit a pair of Estonian mittens; I've met Nancy Bush in person several times; and I've even been to Toronto (and Montreal and Quebec). Maybe Norma, Cassie, and Margene can put in a good word for me. Margene and Lisa, at least, can confirm that my knitting doesn't totally suck.

In any event, to commemorate my blog's one-year anniversary, I'm doing two things.
First, I'm digging back into the archives and next week will re-print what I consider to be the best posts of the year. It's taken me a while to find a sufficient number of good posts, but I think you'll like them.
Second, I'm having a contest! Last weekend, as I attempted to
re-organize my stash, it dawned on me that I have a lot of sock yarn.
Heavens, I'm not complaining and have no intention of stopping the acquisitions! I just thought it might be fun to combine my love of collecting sock yarn with a blog contest. So, between now and next Friday just send me an E-Mail with your guess as to how many pairs of socks I can make with the sock yarn in my stash and you'll be entered into my contest. Let's assume it takes 100g of yarn to make a pair of socks, OK. The catch? You must come the closest without going over and you can never tell what the winning response was. A grrl's gotta have her secrets. The prize? Sock yarn, of course.


Who's linking here?
|

Running commentary on my unending quest to knit up my stash.