Monday, December 20, 2004

We Interrupt Our Holiday Knitting To Make Something for Ourselves



Well, Wendy has proven why she reigns queen of the knitting universe. She correctly identified the object in the "teaser" photo from last Friday as an Opera Scarf.



The yarn is Blue Sky Alpaca & Silk yarn. The instructions call for a size #8 needle, but I used a #10 needle because the fabric was much too tight with the #8. The finished scarf is 60 inches long and 7.5 inches wide and it took only one skein. Yeah, yeah, I know I should be wrapping gifts and baking "stuff," but I put all those tasks on hold long enough to make this scarf for me. Now, back to my regularly scheduled holiday chaos.

Pressed for Time?


Need something quick to make for your neighbor who just rang your doorbell bearing a plate of cookies???? Here’s an incredibly easy recipe for fudge that’s made in the microwave. No prior cooking experience required. My daughter has been making this stuff since she was like 7 years old.

1 (12 oz.) pkg. (2 c.) semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated milk)
1 c. walnuts, chopped
1 measuring tsp. vanilla extract

Line an 8-inch square pan with aluminum foil.
Combine the semi-sweet chips and the sweetened condensed milk in a large glass bowl. Microwave on high 2-3 minutes. Stir until the chips melt completely and the mixture is smooth. Stir in the walnuts and the vanilla extract. Spread evenly into the foil-lined pan. Chill until firm, about 2 hours. Cut into small squares.
Warning: This stuff is extremely sweet.





Who's linking here?
|

Running commentary on my unending quest to knit up my stash.